Sunday, May 17, 2009

Page Wolf introduction

Hello,

I am Page Wolf, Coordinator of Faculty Development at the College of Lake County. I am a full-time faculty member working in our Professional Development Center. This means I have the wonderful combination of being a faculty member, teaching other faculty members, learning about various technologies, and helping faculty integrate technology into their instruction.

I think I have ties to just about every Illinois public 4 year university. I am a U of I alum (go Illini!) with a BS in what was called "Media Studies" (way back when), got a Masters degree in Instructional Technology from NIU (Go Huskies!), and then a PhD in Higher Education Administration from Illinois State (go Redbirds!) In between all that, I worked with faculty development and instructional technology at WIU for about 4 years (go Leathernecks!) I've been at College of Lake County for 10 years now, and truly enjoy the community college environment as well.

I picked this group since I am very curious to see what is new at U of I since I last visited (as well as to reminisce), and also to get practical hands-on use of some new technologies. I'm familiar with blogs and with Picasa, but haven't done too much yet with Twitter, podcasting, and GPS enabled handhelds.

I will bring with my Netbook, and my Nikon D40x digital SLR (and perhaps a small handheld videocamera). Looks like we'll have great weather this week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment