Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ahmad Audi, saying "Hello"!! :)

Greetings all.  My name is Ahmad Audi. I teach chemistry at college of lake County, Illinois. I do not know why is not listed in the participants list. Anyhow, it is an ION institution.

During graduate studies, I was given hard time by the chemistry faculty when I enrolled for an education class. Nonetheless, my steadfastness in loving to convey the scientific message to people who have never experienced it – no need to worry here I will not fill your ears -  coupled with my interest in technology led me to use the web as a teaching tool. That was in 1997 before the emergence of blackboard and webCt as popular tools.

While I spent most of my time in teaching and its tasks in the last few years these days I feel that I need to keep up  with the latest tools to transmit the knowledge. I taught chemistry online for few years and I am planning to be ready for yet a better online chemistry delivery. Besides, as chemistry is very exciting, in many instants I feel like I should be blogging about my class and the cool chemistry shows.

For those reasons, for the love of outdoors and hoping to visit high tech educational facilities at UIUC I signed for this team.  I am familiar with numerous online applications but still looking for more.

I will be bringing my convertible laptop, Gateway C2930, digital camera JVC GR-DX300U, and another HG-10 canon. The first camera is dying. The second one I plan to experiment on, but it is bulky. I would love to see what you have and I am sure I will use one of them if possible.

I just signed up for twitter., slidesahre.net,  delicious, and flickr. In the mean time you can see me here or there

Looking forward to see you tomorrow. Until then Cheers

Ahmad

No comments:

Post a Comment