Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hello!

Hi all! I am Andrea Falcone and am the Virtual Services Librarian at Western Illinois University (if only the job title meant that I could attend all meetings virtually!). Along with a variety of responsibilities, I am charged with exploring and evaluating new technologies and looking for library-related uses. As you can imagine, it is difficult to stay up to speed on everything that is going on in the digital world!

Recently, I have been leading a video team at the University Libraries. You can see our first video here. I was very impressed by the work that the students did on the project, but it was very time-consuming. As a result of this experience, I would like to learn about additional ways to use digital images, etc.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

1 comment:

  1. Nice video, Andrea, and a good service for students, sending book info. to students phones via text message. Liked the rock n roll soundtrack, too.

    ReplyDelete